The Embassy of Ghana, Prague, wishes to inform the general public that it has resumed the issuance of Ghana entry visas. This follows the re-opening of the Kotoka International Airport, KIA to international flights from 1st September 2020.
All passengers arriving at Kotoka International Airport should meet the following requirements:
- Must be in possession of a negative Covid-19 PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin. The test should have been done not more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure from the country of origin. All airlines have been instructed to ensure compliance with this directive for all passengers wishing to travel to Ghana;
- Must be wearing face masks appropriately upon arrival;
- Undergo a mandatory Covid-19 test at the airport terminal , at a cost of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00 ) to be borne by the passenger. The test result will be available within thirty(30) minutes.
Meanwhile, passengers, who test positive for Covid-19, will be handled by the health authorities for further clinical assessment and management; whereas passengers who test negative will be advised to continue to observe Covid-19 safety precautions during their stay in Ghana.
The following categories of passengers and crew are exempted from Covid-19 testing on arrival.
- Children under the ages of five (5) years.
- Airline crew; and
- Passengers who arrive under emergency circumstances such as diverted flights will not be required to undergo testing if they do not leave the airport or if they remain in transit and do not leave their hotel.